May 14, 2008
As we, my wife and I, will be going from a 2 Chevy home to a 1 Chevy home the blog will change a bit. I am gonna keep it on the down low till the paperwork get through…
To go along with the theme of this post, there is a good article for all us gas guzzling truck and SUV owners, over at Yahoo.
May 5, 2008
I love Holden. The designs, the power, everything….well the cost is out of my range but nonetheless.
So I am looking at the Holden site and come across this Coupe on the main page. I clicked it and I now want one of these…the Coupe 60.
This thing is nice, 2 door piliarless design, six liter, 6 speed….its stunning.
So go here…
and poke around, and you too will want to move down under…
April 30, 2008
So I am poking around the web and I come across this concept by GMC called the Denali XT so i clicked on it….wow. I am not sure what to say about this…its ugly but kinda cool.
Here are some stats on it:
Body style / driveline: four-door, four-seat; rear-wheel drive sport-utility truck
Construction: body-frame integral
Engine type: 4.9L SIDI V-8 with Active Fuel Management
Horsepower (hp / kW): 326 / 243 (est)
Fuel type: unleaded regular or E85 ethanol
Transmission: two-mode hybrid
Suspension: front: independent SLA; rear: independent SLA
Brakes four-wheel disc
Wheel size & type: 23-inch aluminum; split 5-spoke
Tires: front: Kuhmo 255/35/R23
rear: Kuhmo 285/35/R23
Wheelbase (in / mm): 125.4 / 3134
Overall length: 205 / 5207
Overall width (in / mm): 76.3 / 1938
Overall height (in / mm): 62.5 / 1587
Track (in / mm): 65 / 1651
Cargo floor length (in / mm): 55 / 1397
Cargo floor width (in / mm): 47.5 / 1206
Payload (lb / kg): 1100 / 499 (est)
Towing capacity (lb / kg): 3500 / 1587 (est)
April 29, 2008
I must say I do like the Saturn Sky design better and hope that they do the same to it…but enought of what I think…
Enjoy the pics,
April 28, 2008
I said i was back, and then i was gone….well i am going to do a better try this time!
I have been busy with work, and have had not really had the time to do my blog…
First, i have a new twitter, http://www.twitter.com/JonTX so feel free to follow me!
Look for new posts here soon.
February 6, 2008
I have been busy at work. I went to the Houston Auto show this last weekend, not too much but a few things I liked. I will be posting pics in the next day or so, keep an eye out.
January 24, 2008
Sorry its been awhile. Work has been killer, been doing my and my co-workers job while she was out on maturity leave.
I am sure alot has happened in the GM world, so we will assume you have read that and I will move on.
The CTS-V is a a nice car. Its a Corvette with 4 doors. I want one, but I am in Texas and by law you must own a truck. But it looks like GM pulled a fast one and release some photos of a 95% done CS Coupe…and wow…the pics speak for themselves.
Now for the specs:
- Classic hardtop styling, with no B-pillar
- CTS production windshield laid at a faster angle to create a sleeker profile
- Chrome, split seven-spoke wheel design; 20-inch front wheels and 21-inch rear wheels
- Sculpted lower front fascia with unique brake-cooling vents
- Slim-profile outside mirrors
- XLR-type hidden door handles with proximity remote opening
- Unique front fender vents
- Diamond-cut rear fascia with mesh lower grilles and center-outlet exhaust
- Taillamps with a subtle fin profile and are highlighted with LED lighting technology with light pipes
- Rear spoiler integrated into the center high-mounted stop lamp
- Sculpted roof-mounted antenna for OnStar, XM Satellite Radio, etc.
- A classic 2+2 interior environment
- 3.6L V-6 engines, including the 304-horsepower (227 kW) Direct Injection power plant
- The Coupe Concept also is designed for a new 2.9L turbo-diesel being developed for international markets. This new engine, tailored for use in the CTS, will deliver an estimated 250 horsepower (184 kW) and 406 lb.-ft. of torque (550 Nm).
- A six-speed manual transmission backs the engine,
- sport-tuned suspension
- 20-inch front and 21-inch rear wheels
A little disappointed in no V8 Option but it is one sexy car.
Well enjoy the pics, and I will be at the Houston Auto Show and will have pics up soon!